Note the video shows a 4K camera and with rear window camera.
About the windshield camera (FullHD)
BlackVue's windscreen camera is definitely one of the best cameras for the car or truck we have tested. It's packed with cool features like GPS, 4G, WiFi hotspot, microphone, 3-axis accelerometer that can detect accidents and G impact, rear window camera, Parking mode and much more, as you can see in the specifications further down the page. The recordings can either be played directly on the mobile over WiFi or by moving the SD card to your computer and using the program that comes with it. In the program you have the full overview, as you then see both windscreen camera + rear window camera + location on google maps / road maps while you can also see the results on the different meters, so you can see how hard you brake, accelerate or swings in the vehicle. Watch a demonstration of these things in the video below.
The recordings are in FullHD (2MP) and can be played directly from mobile / tablet / PC or uploaded automatically to a cloud. The cloud storage space is owned by BlackVu and there may be a fee associated with using it, but it is only necessary if you want backup automatically. The cloud is free for a single cam per. user - read more about the cloud here
Parking condition is clearly a thing that should also be mentioned. The camera can also protect the car when it is parked. This means that if the vehicle is hit unmanned, the camera will record the incident and lock the file.
How parking mode works:
WiFi and microphone can be turned on and off separately. Wifi is turned off by pressing the button at the right end (seen from the driver's position) and the microphone is turned off by the hand of the hand near the left end of the camera by a sensor. Both parts are acknowledged by voice: "Wifi / audio-recording enabled or disabled, but it is also possible to see a WiFi symbol on the camera.
Recordings are saved in FHD in H265 format - so the large files can be compressed as best as possible.
Cool features that also just deserve to be mentioned
Overwrite protection : The camera automatically records and also overwrites the oldest files automatically, so you do not have to change the card or do anything to maintain operation. BUT if an accident happens, it's very cool that those recordings are not overwritten. AND THEY DON'T, because the camera can detect an accident itself and "write protect" the files leading up to the accident. You can also manually lock the files.
Detection of errors on SD card : SD card can be worn down and fail, if an error occurs on the card so the camera can not record, a voice will say: "Please check SD card" voice alert.
The kit contains:
- Windshield camera
- 16GB MicroSD Card (BlackVue)
- Power cable for permanent mounting (mounting in the car's wiring harness)
- Power cable for temporary mounting (cigarette lighter)
- microSD card reader (for use in PC without card reader / USB)
- Cable clips
- Double-sided tape for the mounting bracket
- List tool (easily save cables behind the lists)
- Quick start guide
About the Installation:
It does not take long to install the camera. There are two ways to connect it to power.
- With the included cigarette lighter socket
- Directly in the car wiring (If you need to know which wiring to use, contact your local mechanic, they know all about it. They can often do the installation as well.)
The installation includes the following phases:
- Insert SD card.
- Insert the windscreen camera into the desired position (Double-sided adhesive tape)
- Insert the rear window camera in the desired position (Double-sided adhesive tape)
- Pull cable from rear to windscreen camera (cable can almost always be saved in lists - watch our videos)
- Connect power
- Download the app and set up the camera as you wish.
Watch an installation video here:
You can also read a little more about the camera on the manufacturer's website by clicking here