Mechanical theft protection
Barbed wire, C-clips, wall spikes and safes. We have many different remedies to keep the thief away.
Good anti-theft protection is your first line of defense as a homeowner or business owner in terms of avoiding break-ins.
Page 1 of 3
Page 1 of 3
Anti-theft protection → Here are 9 tips to stop the thief
A good anti-theft protection for your home or workplace is the alpha and omega to prevent break-ins.
But what can you do to theft-proof your home? Here are nine good tips!
Advice No. 1 - Talk to the neighbors
When you go on holiday, you should tell your good neighbors and ask them to keep an eye on the house.
And if you get a neighbor to water the flowers anyway, that person can also throw some rubbish in the bin and empty the mailbox.
Because an empty bin and a full mailbox are some of the things that burglars look for first. You can also choose to become part of Nebohjælp .
Advice No. 2 - Leave toys outside
If you have children, it is a good idea to leave some toys in the driveway or in the garden. It signals to the burglar that the house is in use and that you are home.
Advice No. 3 - Cut the hedge
If the hedge is towering, the burglar gets peace of mind as he or she is invisible to the neighbours.
Conversely, if the hedge is lower, there is a greater chance that the neighbors will spot the burglar.
Advice no. 4 - Anti-theft protection of the windows
It is often through the windows that burglaries are committed. And therefore it is obvious to get your 'exposed' windows insured against theft. These are, for example, old windows, the windows in the cellar door and other windows where the thief can work in peace. You can do this, for example, by:
- Install window locks: A window lock is easy to install, does not cost a lot and makes it incredibly difficult for the thief to break the window open.
- Choose so-called 'safety glass' : Today you can buy glass for windows with invisible plastic film between the different layers of glass. And if a burglar now smashes the window, the glass will be stuck in the tough foil. This means that the thief has to spend a lot of time to get through, and this is important. Because several studies have shown that a burglar typically surrenders his burglary if he is delayed for more than three minutes.
Tip #5 - Put tools and valuables away
Before you go on holiday, it is important that any tools are stowed away. It is a direct gift to the burglar if, for example, a hammer is lying on the garden table. Because he or she can use it to smash the window. So put all tools - and ladders - in the shed and lock it when you go on holiday.
At the same time, all your valuables (for example jewelery and tablets) must be put away. Before the thief commits a burglary, he will typically look in through the window. And if there is nothing of value visible, the thief may not want to continue his venture at all.
Advice no. 6 - Theft protection of the doors
Many thieves also choose to break in through your doors - both front doors and patio doors. When it comes to the doors, there are also many things you can and should do:
- Install a reinforced end plate: This makes your door frame significantly stronger, and the thief cannot simply kick or push the door in.
- Choose two locks : If there are two locks, it is more difficult to break open the door. And if one lock is without a twist on the inside, it is also difficult for the thief to use the door to get away.
- Install a stop rail on the patio door: With a stop rail, it is more difficult to get a crowbar in and break open the patio door.
Advice no. 7 - Have lighting outdoors
It's a really good idea to have some lighting outside that turns on when you move. It stresses a burglar - and makes him visible to the neighbors - if lights are switched on when the thief approaches. Hopefully, it can scare the thief away and ensure an effective anti-theft protection for your home.
Advice No. 8 - Choose a surveillance camera
As with tip #7, there is another good thing you can choose outdoors. And it is a good surveillance camera . If you want to go all in, you can choose a thermal camera . We recommend that you choose video surveillance from a recognized manufacturer. Hikvision is by far the leading and best brand today.
Advice No. 9 - Anti-theft with an alarm
If the thief enters your house, it is obvious to have a good alarm system . Today there are a multitude of different alarm types, and you can undoubtedly find an alarm that suits you. If you are looking for a larger, integrated solution to secure your home, please contact us.
Otherwise, you can read even more about anti-theft protection in this blog post.